Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pity Funds for College, Anybody?

University is starting. 5th August (for WKW, NTU)? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I have came to a realisation that I AM FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT. It is a scary term. I honestly thought that people are f-indie only when they start working. I never planned for me to be f-indie so early in life. I never saved enough for that! Imagine a girl pulling her and rocking herself in the corner of the room. That is me being absolutely stressed about being f-indie.




As vulgar as "f-indie" sounds, it basically means to be financially independent. It's such a scary word and far too long to be typed out throughout this post. I refuse to do that!

First, let me explain my circumstance:

19 y-o scholar (uni fees obviously paid for already) and really bad with financial planning. So bad... I totally forgot to check if I had to pay a deposit for hall (and apparently I have to: two months worth of rent) and neither did I bother to balance out my in&out money. Obviously I did not take Accounting in school, I don't even know the actual financial terms for earnings and expenditure. #ohyayscholarwithnobrains

Second, why being f-indie is such a crazy idea:

My parents promised me a university education and I was like primary school then. This means they would have saved up enough to pay for uni just in case I was bad in my academics and unable to get a scholarship. Me a few months back: Oh! My parents would at least pay for hostel accommodation. NO! They are not doing that. They are "expecting" me to pay it and they truly believe it is all part of "GROWING UP". 

So now, I am desperately looking for students to tutor. As of right now, my brains and slight aptitude in teaching are my assets. I shall cherish them and protect them with my life. 

And if you dare take them or my tutees away from me:





P.S. Click Away At The Ad at the side to contribute to my Pity Fund. Oh gosh how desperate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment